April 13, 2011 § Leave a comment
Statement necklaces are a great way to jazz up almost any outfit. You can either go with one really bold piece, or layer several more subtle pieces to make a statement. Here’s a peak at some of my personal favorites:
I purchased most of these at Forever 21—because they’re all costume jewelry that will eventually go out of style, it’s not necessary to spend a ton of money on pieces like these.
To add some glamour, layer a statement necklace over a simple tank with jeans for a day-time look, or over a LBD for a night-on-the-town look.
*P.S. Sorry for the blurry pictures! I’m working on the quality. :)
April 11, 2011 § Leave a comment
I recently tweeted about how I scored on a vintage Gucci clutch. I was reluctant to purchase anything designer through Ebay at first, but I made sure to do my research on reputable sellers. Even better, the seller I came across lived right by me–what are the odds?! I have yet to wear her, but here she is:
I was very pleased to find that the bag is in very good condition. While there are little scuffs here and there, there’s nothing really major. Besides, beggars can’t be choosers!
I think it’s good to invest in a few classic designer pieces–whether new or vintage–to spruce up your wardrobe. I encourage all of you to visit thrift stores, consignment shops, yard sales, Ebay, etc., to see what you can find.
I also recently scored on these Michaels Kors Pony Pumps what were originally $135. I found them at Macy’s for $70. Leopard is another one of those timeless and classic pieces that never goes out of style. I absolutely love these, and I know they will last me a very long time.
April 10, 2011 § Leave a comment
This is the first weekend in a while that I have both days off and I can really relax and have some me time. Lucky for me, the weather in South Florida has been so gorgeous lately and Saturday was “perf” pool and beach weather (in the 90s!).
My mom, sister, and I had a girls’ day by the pool–drinks, yummy snacks, and really loud music!
A delish concoction of Grey Goose, White Passion Alize, and lemonade. Mmmm.
Crab salad with whole wheat Ritz crackers and an Italian lemon soda. My new fav!–it’s super quick, easy to make, and so tasty.
You know I had to strike a pose! I love this hat that I picked up at F21 recently for like $6. I’ll be wearing it all spring and summer long when I go to the beach or laying out by the pool.
Hope you all enjoy what’s left of the weekend. I’m off to do some laundry and re-organize my closet—a never-ending task for me!
April 9, 2011 § Leave a comment
I went to work for a couple hours on Friday morning, went to my morning class, and cleared my schedule to spend the rest of the day with my boyfriend. It is very rare when we get to spend a whole day together, so it was nice to have something to look forward to all week.
We drove to West Palm Beach for some good shopping, rich scenery, and our favorite restaurant. Unfortunately I don’t have pics of our day, but here are my purchases.
I almost never get to go to H&M unless a. I make a trip to West Palm, or b. I’m visiting in NY. I scored on these three pieces and some jewelry for under $50!
Zara is another store I never get to go to. It was very hard to just get two pieces. I picked up this super bright orange woven shirt, and white flare jeans which I plan to get a lot of use out of.
I finally got my Jewelmint necklace in the mail and I have to say I am quite pleased. It took about a week to get here, which isn’t bad considering it came all the way from the west coast. I can’t tell you how many compliments I got when I wore it–it’s definitely a statement piece! Here’s a closer look:
I’m trying really hard not to spend money on things I don’t really need, and saving up for a good camera among other things. Let’s see how long I can hold out on my shopping addiction…
*Hugs* from my sweet boy and I. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend!
March 31, 2011 § Leave a comment
Who doesn’t keep a mental list of things that they want and/or are planning on getting? Well, if you’re like me, you have a “wish list” on every single shopping site out there. Yes, I am aware that I have a shopping problem.
Somewhere down the line, though, I managed to narrow all of these superficial things that I want into one list–for now, anyway.
2. The MK tortoise watch. I think I’m just a sucker for anything tortoise, don’t ask me why.
3. I have yet to own a pair of flats from Tory Burch. I know, what a crime, right? But I don’t want the typical ones that everyone has–I prefer an unusual color like the one pictured above.
4. Ray Ban Boyfriend Sunglasses. These are just a classic, and they never go out of style! Again, just to be different, I love them in the tortoise as opposed to the black ones that everyone has.
5. The YSL Arty oval Ring. I want the turquoise one so bad. I think the blue one (pictured above) would be my second choice.
6. Chanel Flap Purse. I die for this purse in the caviar leather with gold accents. Sigh, one day!
7. Christian Louboutin. Just the classic black pumps please! I die for these babies too.
8. Chloe Eau de Toilette. This is definitely the next fragrance I’ll be purchasing. It’s such a fresh scent!
It seems like my list is never ending and ever growing. Hmmmm.
March 30, 2011 § Leave a comment
So as you may have noticed, I’ve been a terrible blogger and I feel absolutely horrible about it. I had to take a hiatus for some family matters and then some, not to mention my already busy life filled with school, work, family, and boyfriend. I know–excuses, excuses!
I’ve been feeling very inspired lately and decided it was time to come back–for good, that is. And so here I am, the same person, but with a new mindset and a ton of new ideas. I will be making changes to my blog as far as the content goes. Nothing too drastic, just more personal. Lets just say you will be seeing a lot more of moi in the near future as opposed to my usual posts based on celebs.
I also have a YouTube account that I’ve had for quite some time now, and I plan on incorporating it into my blog. I’m very excited to reveal that to you shortly, just not yet. I told you you’d be seeing more of me. :)
Now, just because I’ve been gone for some time doesn’t mean I haven’t been shopping or keeping up with the latest trends–you know better. Here are a few of my favorite things lately.
1. Printed Scarfs. These are my go-to when I’m having one of those “I have nothing to wear!” days, or I simply don’t have time to get ready in the morning. Lately, I’ve been wearing them over plain t-shirts, with a bunch of bangles, and distressed jeans–effortless and comfy. They also make really cute head wraps!
2. This month’s issue of Nylon Magazine–one of my favs!–has so many cute ideas for makeup, hair, and nails.
3. Pearls: a timeless and classic accessory, I throw these on with almost anything (t-shirts, button downs, etc.) for a more “put-together,” feminine look.
4. The Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch, or anything rose gold for that matter, I’m really loving at the moment. It’s so hard not to wear it every day! I get a lot of questions about how I match it with my clothing and/or other jewelry, and my answer to that is: I don’t. I think it goes great with just about anything, and even if it didn’t, who said fashion is about matching? :P
5. Miss Dior Cherie is definitely working its way up on my list of “favorite fragrances.” It’s fresh and floral-ly (I don’t usually like floral scents), and I just can’t get enough!
6. Bright Lips. If you haven’t heard, bright lipstick is the way to go this Spring and Summer. I’m particularly excited about this because I now have an excuse to dust off my favorite lipsticks and wear them, like, everyday! Here are two of my favorites: Covergirl’s #325 in Spellbound and Maybelline’s #515 in Coral Crush.
Thanks for reading!
September 28, 2010 § 2 Comments
Instead of doing one long post that goes on and on (because you know I can go on forever), I decided to do a mini series that features items we already have in our wardrobe and how you can revamp them!
Remember, the key to a new wardrobe isn’t necessarily what you buy, but what you already have.