March 31, 2011 § Leave a comment
Who doesn’t keep a mental list of things that they want and/or are planning on getting? Well, if you’re like me, you have a “wish list” on every single shopping site out there. Yes, I am aware that I have a shopping problem.
Somewhere down the line, though, I managed to narrow all of these superficial things that I want into one list–for now, anyway.
2. The MK tortoise watch. I think I’m just a sucker for anything tortoise, don’t ask me why.
3. I have yet to own a pair of flats from Tory Burch. I know, what a crime, right? But I don’t want the typical ones that everyone has–I prefer an unusual color like the one pictured above.
4. Ray Ban Boyfriend Sunglasses. These are just a classic, and they never go out of style! Again, just to be different, I love them in the tortoise as opposed to the black ones that everyone has.
5. The YSL Arty oval Ring. I want the turquoise one so bad. I think the blue one (pictured above) would be my second choice.
6. Chanel Flap Purse. I die for this purse in the caviar leather with gold accents. Sigh, one day!
7. Christian Louboutin. Just the classic black pumps please! I die for these babies too.
8. Chloe Eau de Toilette. This is definitely the next fragrance I’ll be purchasing. It’s such a fresh scent!
It seems like my list is never ending and ever growing. Hmmmm.
March 30, 2011 § Leave a comment
So as you may have noticed, I’ve been a terrible blogger and I feel absolutely horrible about it. I had to take a hiatus for some family matters and then some, not to mention my already busy life filled with school, work, family, and boyfriend. I know–excuses, excuses!
I’ve been feeling very inspired lately and decided it was time to come back–for good, that is. And so here I am, the same person, but with a new mindset and a ton of new ideas. I will be making changes to my blog as far as the content goes. Nothing too drastic, just more personal. Lets just say you will be seeing a lot more of moi in the near future as opposed to my usual posts based on celebs.
I also have a YouTube account that I’ve had for quite some time now, and I plan on incorporating it into my blog. I’m very excited to reveal that to you shortly, just not yet. I told you you’d be seeing more of me. :)
Now, just because I’ve been gone for some time doesn’t mean I haven’t been shopping or keeping up with the latest trends–you know better. Here are a few of my favorite things lately.
1. Printed Scarfs. These are my go-to when I’m having one of those “I have nothing to wear!” days, or I simply don’t have time to get ready in the morning. Lately, I’ve been wearing them over plain t-shirts, with a bunch of bangles, and distressed jeans–effortless and comfy. They also make really cute head wraps!
2. This month’s issue of Nylon Magazine–one of my favs!–has so many cute ideas for makeup, hair, and nails.
3. Pearls: a timeless and classic accessory, I throw these on with almost anything (t-shirts, button downs, etc.) for a more “put-together,” feminine look.
4. The Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch, or anything rose gold for that matter, I’m really loving at the moment. It’s so hard not to wear it every day! I get a lot of questions about how I match it with my clothing and/or other jewelry, and my answer to that is: I don’t. I think it goes great with just about anything, and even if it didn’t, who said fashion is about matching? :P
5. Miss Dior Cherie is definitely working its way up on my list of “favorite fragrances.” It’s fresh and floral-ly (I don’t usually like floral scents), and I just can’t get enough!
6. Bright Lips. If you haven’t heard, bright lipstick is the way to go this Spring and Summer. I’m particularly excited about this because I now have an excuse to dust off my favorite lipsticks and wear them, like, everyday! Here are two of my favorites: Covergirl’s #325 in Spellbound and Maybelline’s #515 in Coral Crush.
Thanks for reading!
July 19, 2010 § Leave a comment
Sometimes it’s better to fake it…
That is, when it’s going to save you some money. (And if you’re thinking dirty, well then maybe that too). If you’re a student on a budget like myself who still likes to indulge and live the good life, guess what? You can! The bad news is you need to get a job (unless of course you depend on mom and pops), but the good news is there are so many ways to enjoy the finer things without breaking the bank.
This week’s ‘IT’ item is Chanel’s Fall 2010 Lip Glossimers.(Petite Peche, Coral Love, Rose Dilemma, and Pink Teaser)
For Fall, Chanel released four new shades (available at counters in July). Unlike the rest of the collection, which consists mostly of deep-plums and chocolate-y greys, these glosses are perfect for summer! These babies retail for $27 a pop (0.19 oz). ouch!
thanks, but no thanks.
And so, I introduce to you, Revlon’s Spring/Summer 2010 Collection, Daydreamer…(Peach Petal, Coral Reef, Pink Pop, Firecracker, and Lilac Pastelle)
For Spring/Summer, Revlon released these five shades (available at your local drugstores). I believe they have other shades permanently, but these are limited edition, so get them while you can! I’m absolutely loving Coral Reef, as peachy-coral shades are my newest obsession. These go for $5-$7 (0.2 oz), and if you’re lucky, you’ll catch them on a buy one get one sale, so check your weekly store ads! Not only do you get more bang for your buck, but the formula is divine! (not sticky at all), plus not to mention the Chanel-esque packaging (;
Have you tried these? What are your thoughts? Or perhaps you have a Steal vs. Splurge of your own? Leave your comments below.