March 30, 2011 § Leave a comment
So as you may have noticed, I’ve been a terrible blogger and I feel absolutely horrible about it. I had to take a hiatus for some family matters and then some, not to mention my already busy life filled with school, work, family, and boyfriend. I know–excuses, excuses!
I’ve been feeling very inspired lately and decided it was time to come back–for good, that is. And so here I am, the same person, but with a new mindset and a ton of new ideas. I will be making changes to my blog as far as the content goes. Nothing too drastic, just more personal. Lets just say you will be seeing a lot more of moi in the near future as opposed to my usual posts based on celebs.
I also have a YouTube account that I’ve had for quite some time now, and I plan on incorporating it into my blog. I’m very excited to reveal that to you shortly, just not yet. I told you you’d be seeing more of me. :)
Now, just because I’ve been gone for some time doesn’t mean I haven’t been shopping or keeping up with the latest trends–you know better. Here are a few of my favorite things lately.
1. Printed Scarfs. These are my go-to when I’m having one of those “I have nothing to wear!” days, or I simply don’t have time to get ready in the morning. Lately, I’ve been wearing them over plain t-shirts, with a bunch of bangles, and distressed jeans–effortless and comfy. They also make really cute head wraps!
2. This month’s issue of Nylon Magazine–one of my favs!–has so many cute ideas for makeup, hair, and nails.
3. Pearls: a timeless and classic accessory, I throw these on with almost anything (t-shirts, button downs, etc.) for a more “put-together,” feminine look.
4. The Michael Kors Rose Gold Watch, or anything rose gold for that matter, I’m really loving at the moment. It’s so hard not to wear it every day! I get a lot of questions about how I match it with my clothing and/or other jewelry, and my answer to that is: I don’t. I think it goes great with just about anything, and even if it didn’t, who said fashion is about matching? :P
5. Miss Dior Cherie is definitely working its way up on my list of “favorite fragrances.” It’s fresh and floral-ly (I don’t usually like floral scents), and I just can’t get enough!
6. Bright Lips. If you haven’t heard, bright lipstick is the way to go this Spring and Summer. I’m particularly excited about this because I now have an excuse to dust off my favorite lipsticks and wear them, like, everyday! Here are two of my favorites: Covergirl’s #325 in Spellbound and Maybelline’s #515 in Coral Crush.
Thanks for reading!